- How adoption works in Texas.
- The birth books.
- You are in the birth books, big problem.
- You gave up a child, then get the original court documents and you have the name.
- How to obtain court documents.
- How to search at the court house for adoptions.
- Who was born that day.
- Other strategies.
- The Texas State Library.
Older adoptions were so sneaky and birthdates were often treated as just something else
to confuse future research Texas. I know several people who have found to their disgust
that their date was changed (just for the fun of making it what the adoptive parents or
the agency wanted it to be) - Kathy